Chunky Beer-Pork Chili
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin, fat trimmed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow or red sweet pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup beer or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup bottled picante sauce or salsa
- 2 to 3 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 15- to 16-ounce can small red beans or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped cilantro
- Cut meat into 3/4-inch pieces.
- Place meat in a bowl.
- Add chili powder and cumin and toss gently to coat.
- In saucepan heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add meat and cook and stir until meat is brown.
- Stir in sweet pepper, beer, picante sauce, and chipotle chile pepper.
- Simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans.
- Heat through.
- Top each serving with sour cream.
- Garnish with cilantro.