Chunky Bean And Chicken Chili
- 3 cups tortilla chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 19-ounce cans cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 1 4.5-ounce can diced green chiles, undrained
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Coarsely crush 2 cups of the chips.
- In 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until brown.
- Add beans, 1 cup of the cheese, undrained chiles, broth, the water, and crushed chips and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, for tortilla crisps, place remaining 1 cup chips on a baking sheet lined with nonstick foil.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Broil 6 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve chili with tortilla crisps.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.