- 1 small head romaine lettuce
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 small celery stalks, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon any wine vinegar, or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Trim and core the lettuce and tear it into bite-sized pieces to get 4 cups; save any extra for later.
- Combine the carrots, celery, onion, cucumber, bell pepper, and lettuce in a bowl.
- Pour the olive oil and vinegar over all and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Toss the ingredients quickly and lightly, then taste and adjust the seasoning; serve right away.