Choose-A-Vegetable Chicken And Pasta Soup
- 2 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup dried whole wheat rotini or twisted spaghetti or broken fusilli
- 3 cups vegetable pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon snipped basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- Combine broth, the water, and black pepper.
- Bring to boiling.
- Stir in pasta.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in vegetables.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and basil.
- Heat through.
- Top each serving with cheese.