Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 package chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a 13- by 9-inch baking pan with parchment, leaving a bit of overhang on each long side to help lift bars out later.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until the mixture is creamy and light.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly stir in the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and the coconut.
- Don't overmix.
- Scrape the mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for a few minutes before lifting the cookie out and cutting into 24 rectangular bars.
- Allow to cool completely.