Chinese Dumpling Soup
- 1 32-ounce carton mushroom broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen pork potstickers or dumplings with sauce packet*
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thin 2-inch strips, or 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small bunch green onion, trimmed and sliced diagonally
- Combine broth, the water, ginger, and the sauce packet from one package of potstickers.
- Bring to boiling over high heat.
- Add potstickers, carrots, and most of the green onion.
- Return to simmering.
- Cook, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with remaining green onion.