Chilled Tomato-Bean Soup
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1 11.5-ounce can hot-style vegetable juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted red sweet peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup snipped parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Whole green onions (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except whole green onions.
- Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours To serve, ladle soup into bowls or mugs.
- Garnish with whole green onions.