Chilled Avocado Soup
- 3 avocados, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Crumbled queso fresco (optional)
- Place avocados, broth, and the water in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add half-and-half, salt, onion powder, and white pepper.
- Cover and blend until combined.
- Transfer avocado mixture to a glass bowl.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Cover and chill for 3 to 24 hours.
- Stir before serving.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and queso fresco.