Chickpea And Cauliflower Curry With Brown Rice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tsp garam masala salt and pepper
- handful of chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- In a Dutch oven, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring often, for 8 to 10 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the coriander, cumin, cinnamon and turmeric and cook, stirring, until they are fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes with their juice, chickpeas, coconut milk and cauliflower.
- Increase the heat and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the garam masala and cook, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes more, until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in fresh cilantro.
- Serve over brown rice and garnish with a bit more cilantro.