Chicken Soup Dijonaise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 3/4 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon snipped thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- In a large saucepan heat butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and leeks and cook for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in mustard.
- Stir in broth and potato.
- Simmer, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together half-and-half and flour until smooth.
- Stir into broth mixture.
- Add chicken, thyme, and white pepper and cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with parsley.