Chicken, Potato And Barley Stew
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked pearled barley
- 1/2 cup dried navy beans
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken legs
- Mix all ingredients in slow cooker, submerging chicken completely.
- Cover and cook 5 to 6 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high.
- Break up the meat into smaller pieces and discard the bones.
- Serve immediately.