Chicken Noodle-Vegetable Soup
- 2 14-ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 10.75-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 medium skinless chicken legs with thigh portions (1 1/4 pounds total)
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 ounces dried wide noodles (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Combine broth, the water, cream of chicken soup, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients except noodles and peas and simmer, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot.
- Cool slightly.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Return broth mixture to boiling.
- Add noodles and frozen peas and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken from bones.
- Discard bones.
- Shred or chop meat.
- Stir into soup.
- Heat through.