Chicken Minestrone Soup
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 14-ounce cans chicken broth
- 2 15- to 19-ounce cans cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 to 10 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 ounces fresh green beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup dried bow tie pasta
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- In a Dutch oven, cook the carrot, celery, and onion in hot oil over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add broth, cannellini beans, chicken, green beans, and pepper.
- Bring to boiling.
- Add pasta.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes.
- Heat through.