- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 3/4 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 multicolored bell peppers, sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 2 ounces tomato paste
- 29 ounces canned fire roasted diced tomatoes with juice
- 28 ounces canned small artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 10 basil leaves, rolled and cut in little strips
- 2 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- Spread the onions on the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Place the chicken on top.
- Add the peppers, garlic, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and artichoke hearts.
- Add chicken broth, bay leaf, parsley, crushed red pepper, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Add the basil and mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes on high with the lid off.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.