- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14-ounce cans chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups half-and-half, light cream, or whole milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 of a 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/2 of an 8- to 9-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 4.5-ounce round Brie or Camembert cheese, rind removed, cut up
- Croutons (optional)
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add carrot, celery, onion, and garlic and cook and stir until tender.
- Add broth, pepper, and salt and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- In a large screw-top jar combine half-and-half and flour.
- Cover and shake until smooth.
- Stir into soup.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in chicken, whipping cream, spinach, artichoke hearts, and cheese.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat 5 minutes.
- Stir often to make sure soup does not scorch on bottom of saucepan.
- Top each serving with croutons.