Chicken And Vegetable Ravioli Soup
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sliced leek or chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads, slightly crushed (optional)
- 1 9-ounce package vegetable ravioli or refrigerated herb-chicken tortellini
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves or shredded spinach
- Lightly coat an unheated large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except ravioli and spinach.
- Bring to boiling.
- Add ravioli.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Top each serving with spinach.