Chicken-And-Apple Curry Soup
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, unpeeled apples
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 14.5-ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca, crushed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 pound cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Thinly sliced apple (optional)
- Thyme sprigs (optional)
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients up to chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- If using low setting, turn to high setting.
- Stir in chicken and half-and-half.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Serve soup with rice.
- Garnish each serving with apple slices and thyme sprigs.