Charred Tomatoes On Toast
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small Roma tomato, halved
- 1 thick slice sturdy bread
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- In a small nonstick skillet over high heat, warm the oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the tomato halves, cut-side down, and let cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- When the ends shrivel up and the bottoms begin to char, the tomatoes are done.
- Toast the bread.
- Transfer the tomatoes to the toast, cut-side up and flatten.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and enjoy.