Cauliflower, Carrot, And Cumin Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Ground black pepper
- In a saucepan heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower, carrot, and cumin.
- Add broth and simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups of the vegetables.
- Transfer mixture, half at a time, to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return pureed mixture to saucepan.
- Stir in reserved 1 1/2 cups vegetables, half-and-half, and lime juice.
- Heat through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.