- 8 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 14.5-ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Ground black pepper
- Mesclun (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a shallow baking pan combine carrots, parsnips, and onion.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Spread vegetables in a single layer.
- Roast, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes.
- In a saucepan combine roasted vegetables, broth, and paprika.
- Bring to boiling then cool slightly.
- Transfer vegetable mixture, half at a time, to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return pureed mixture to saucepan.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Heat through.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Top each serving with mesclun.