Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter, melted
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla, maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and stir until just combined.
- Now stir in carrots.
- This will stop the cookies from spreading out too much in the oven.
- Drop tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto the baking sheets, leaving an inch or two between each.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the middle rack, until cookies are brown at the edges and just set on top.
- Let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- They'll keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to a month.