Caribbean Pork Chili
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 14.5-ounce cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 8-ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 medium mango, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- 1/4 cup snipped cilantro
- 1/4 cup red onion shards (optional)
- Trim fat from meat.
- Cut meat into 1-inch pieces.
- In a bowl combine meat, chili powder, garlic, ground chipotle pepper cumin, and salt.
- Toss to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add meat, half at a time and cook until brown.
- Drain fat.
- Transfer meat to a slow cooker.
- Add undrained tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, and frozen corn.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- In a bowl combine mango, cilantro, and onion shards.
- Top each serving with mango mixture.