Caribbean Fish Stew
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups chopped red sweet pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14-ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound fresh or frozen firm white fish
- 2 tablespoons snipped cilantro
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients except fish and cilantro.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Thaw fish, if frozen.
- Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- If using low setting, turn to high setting.
- Stir in fish.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with cilantro.