Caraway Chicken And Vegetable Stew
- 3 pounds skinless chicken thighs and/or skinless breasts
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 stalks celery, bias-cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 cups sliced shiitake, crimini, oyster, and/or button mushrooms
- 1 cup pearl onions, peeled
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Combine chicken, 3 3/4 cups water, bouillon granules, salt, caraway seeds, and pepper.
- Simmer, covered, for 40 minutes.
- Stir in green beans, carrots, celery, mushrooms, and pearl onions.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken pieces from the stew.
- Cut meat off bones (discard bones).
- Add to vegetable mixture in Dutch oven.
- In a bowl combine the 1/4 cup cold water and flour.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Add to stew and cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute.