Caramelized Ginger Mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons julienned ginger
- 1 small Indian green chile or serrano chile, halved lengthwise
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile powder
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the cumin seeds and cook, for 1 minute max.
- Add the onion, spread it out into an even layer in the pan, and cook, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the ginger and green chile and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms and increase the heat to medium-high.
- Cook, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add the salt and red chile powder.