Caprese Chicken Skillet
- 6 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 3/4 lb small, multi-colored potatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mini bocconcini
- 8-10 large basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Rub the chicken thighs all over with olive oil and generously season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large cast-iron or other oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken, cover and cook until browned on one side, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the chicken, then add the potatoes to the skillet.
- Allow the chicken to cook, covered, until browned on the other side, another 3 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, transfer the pan to the oven and roast, uncovered, until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and toss in the bocconcini and garnish with basil.