Cajun Shrimp Salad
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 3/4 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends snapped off, cut in half crosswise
- 1 large head butter lettuce, chopped
- 1 medium Hass avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup creamy Italian dressing or other creamy salad dressing of choice
- Place the shrimp, oil, garlic, basil, thyme, paprika, black pepper, salt, and cayenne in a frying pan.
- Toss to coat the shrimp, then turn the heat to medium and cook until the shrimp is pink for 5 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Divide the lettuce, avocado, and onion evenly among 4 salad plates.
- When the shrimp and asparagus are done, divide the mixture evenly among the plates, drizzle each salad with 2 tablespoons of dressing.