Butternut Squash Vegetarian Chili
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups butternut squash
- 2 1/2 cups sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 32 ounces vegetable stock
- 28 ounces Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 28 ounces canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces canned diced green chilies, drained
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle chile powder
- Toppings (optional) - cilantro, tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded cheese
- Cut squash into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Add all ingredients, except for toppings, to slow cooker and heat on low for 8 hours.
- Add more vegetable stock if liquid gets low.
- Spoon into bowls and add desired toppings.