Butternut Squash Soup With Ravioli
- 1 2-pound butternut squash
- 2 14.5-ounce cans vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 9-ounce package refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1 tablespoon molasses (optional)
- Peel squash.
- Halve lengthwise.
- Remove seeds and discard.
- Cut squash into 3/4-inch pieces.
- In a saucepan combine squash, broth, the water, and cayenne pepper over medium heat.
- Cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Transfer squash-broth mixture, one-fourth at a time, to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return pureed mixture to saucepan.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add butter, stirring just until melted.
- Prepare ravioli according to package directions.
- Ladle hot squash mixture into bowls.
- Divide cooked ravioli among bowls.
- Drizzle with molasses.