Busy-Day Beef-Vegetable Soup
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 small potatoes, peeled, if desired, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except peas and parsley in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Stir in frozen peas.
- Garnish each serving with parsley.