Burgundy Beef Stew
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck pot roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (optional)
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 9-ounce package frozen cut green beans
- 2 cups frozen small whole onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 14.5-ounce can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 cups hot cooked egg noodles (optional)
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and chopped up
- Snipped parsley (optional)
- Trim fat from meat.
- Cut meat into 1-inch pieces.
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet cook meat, one-third at a time, in hot oil over medium-high heat until brown.
- Drain fat.
- In a slow cooker combine carrots, frozen green beans, frozen onions, and garlic.
- Add meat.
- Sprinkle with tapioca.
- Pour broth and wine over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles.
- Sprinkle each serving with bacon and parsley.