Buffalo Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/4 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 2 1/4- to 2 1/2-pound deli-roasted chicken, skinned, boned, and coarsely shredded
- Bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- In a Dutch oven melt butter over medium heat.
- Add celery and onion and cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Stir in broth, milk, and 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce.
- In a bowl toss together mozzarella, 1 cup of the blue cheese, Parmesan, and flour.
- Add gradually to soup, stirring after each addition just until melted.
- Stir in three-fourths of the shredded chicken.
- Heat through.
- Top with remaining chicken, blue cheese, and hot pepper sauce.