Breaded Mushroom Nuggets
- 24 cremini mushrooms
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 cup honey mustard dressing, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Break the stems off the mushrooms or cut them short so that the stems are level with the caps.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk.
- Place the almond flour, garlic powder, paprika, and salt in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Dip one mushroom at a time into the eggs, then drop it into the flour mixture.
- Rotate the mushroom in the flour mixture to coat on all sides, then transfer it to the lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining mushrooms.
- Drizzle the coated mushrooms with the oil.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with the dressing, if using.
- Serve with toothpicks.