Blueberry Pie French Toast Muffins
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 thick slices of whole grain bread, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease 8 cups of a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice, allspice and salt.
- Add the bread cubes and stir, making sure all the cubes are covered in eggy mixture.
- Let soak for 5 minutes.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the bread mixture into muffin cups.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until the egg is cooked and the muffins are golden brown.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.