- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for the pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk, or more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with oil or line it with paper or foil muffin cups.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Beat together the egg, milk, lemon zest, and oil in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just enough to combine everything.
- If the batter is very dry and doesn't come together easily, add another 1 to 2 tablespoons milk.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Distribute the batter among the muffin cups, filling them two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the muffins are browned on top and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before removing the muffins.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.