Big-Batch Red Lentil Chili
- 4 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 15-ounce cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups water
- 1 12-ounce package frozen chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 12-ounce package frozen chopped onion
- 2 cups dried red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- In an 8-quart Dutch oven combine undrained tomatoes, beans, the water, frozen sweet pepper, frozen onion, lentils, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, and black pepper.
- Heat through.
- Serve with shredded cheese and tortilla chips.