- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 2 cups salsa verde, divided
- 1/2 white onion, roughly chopped
- Flour tortillas
- Toppings (optional) - pico de gallo, cilantro, shredded cheese
- Mix the spices and rub them on the roast.
- Place the roast in a slow cooker and add beef stock and 1 cup of salsa verde.
- Add onions.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Shred the meat in the slow cooker and top with remaining salsa verde.
- Serve on tortillas with toppings.