- 8 tablespoons butter, softened, plus more for greasing the pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed until smooth
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a loaf pan with enough butter to coat the bottom and sides.
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl.
- Put the stick of butter in a bowl and beat it until creamy and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and bananas until well combined.
- Stir this mixture into the dry ingredients just enough to combine everything.
- Fold in the vanilla and the nuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until it's browned on top and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out almost entirely clean.
- Cool the pan for 15 minutes, then turn it upside down to release the loaf.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.