Banana And Strawberry Loaf
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large bananas)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 3 or 4 strawberries, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the egg, then mix in the mashed bananas, sugar, yogurt, oil and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir just until they're combined.
- Don't overmix.
- Stir in the chopped strawberries until they're mixed evenly throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Arrange the strawberry slices across the top of loaf.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until the bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool for a few minutes before turning it out onto a rack to cool completely.