Baked Oatmeal Cups
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce (or 1 ripe banana, mashed)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1/3 cup ground flax
- Toppings: chopped nuts, seasonal fruits, chocolate chips or seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and coconut oil until well combined.
- Add the milk, applesauce, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; give it a good stir.
- Stir in the oats and ground flax until everything is well combined.
- Use a 1/4-cup measure to scoop the batter into the muffin liners.
- Press a scattering of toppings onto each muffin.
- Bake for 30 minutes until oatmeal is completely set.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Keep in an airtight container for 3 days or freeze for up to a month.