Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (1 lb)
- 3/4 cup canned artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Handful of fresh basil leaves and stems
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 strips bacon
- 8 cups arugula, divided
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place the chicken thighs on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Using a meat mallet, pound the thighs until 1/4 inch thick.
- Place on the lined baking sheet.
- Place the artichoke hearts, oil, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor.
- Pulse until chopped but not smooth.
- Spread one-quarter of the artichoke mixture on a chicken thigh, starting at the shortest end, 1 inch from the edge of the thigh.
- Roll the thigh in on itself and wrap tightly with 3 strips of bacon.
- Set the bacon-wrapped thigh, ends down, on the lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining thighs, artichoke mixture, and bacon.
- Bake the stuffed thighs for 45 minutes.
- To serve, place 1 thigh and 2 cups of arugula on each plate, then drizzle the arugula with the leftover cooking juices.