Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- 3 eggs
- 2 avocados, pitted
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 tbsp plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4-6 slices whole grain bread
- Put eggs in a pot of cold water and place over medium-high heat.
- As soon as the water boils, place the lid on the pot, turn off the heat and let sit for 12 minutes.
- Drain the eggs and rinse under cold water to cool them down enough to peel.
- Remove the shells and chop the boiled eggs.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados with a fork until they're chunky-smooth.
- Add the chopped eggs, chives, yogurt, lemon juice and mustard and give it all a good mix.
- Taste before adding salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture on the bread and top with anything, like lettuce or cucumber.