Asian Turkey And Rice Soup
- 2 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloin or skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, cut into bite-size strips (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced bok choy
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- Lo mein noodles (optional)
- In a slow cooker stir together all ingredients except bok cook, rice and noodles.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- If using low setting, turn slow cooker to high setting.
- Stir in bok choy and rice.
- Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Top each serving with lo mein noodles.