Anvita's Dump Cake
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 21-ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1 15- or 16-ounce box yellow cake mix
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, chilled and sliced into 1/2-tablespoon-sized pieces
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Spread the crushed pineapple and its juice over the bottom of an 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Pour the cherry pie filling evenly across the top, keeping the layers distinct.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the cherry pie filling, breaking up any lumps.
- Lay the butter slices evenly across the top, followed by the pecans.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve immediately.