Aloo (Potato) Parathas
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup room-temperature water
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 medium russet potatoes, boiled, cooled, and peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile powder
- 3/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed into a powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Divide the dough and mashed potatoes into 4 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Lightly coat each dough ball with flour.
- Roll out each ball into a 6-inch circle, rotating the dough while rolling to maintain the circular shape.
- Place a potato ball in the center of a dough circle, then pull the edges of the dough over the top of the ball, pinch together to seal.
- Flip the dough-potato ball over so the seal is on the bottom and use a rolling pin to roll it out into an 8-inch circle.
- Repeat filling and rolling to make four 8-inch rounds.