A-To-Z Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil
- 2 cups mixed, cut-up vegetables
- 2 14.5-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini (white kidney) beans or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup dried alphabet-shaped pasta or tiny shells
- 2 tablespoons small fresh oregano leaves
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, thinly sliced (optional)
- In a saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add mixed vegetables and cook, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove half of the vegetables.
- Stir broth and garlic into remaining vegetables in saucepan.
- Bring to boiling.
- Stir in beans and pasta.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Stir in oregano.
- Top each serving with reserved vegetables.
- Top each serving with cheese.